Python Programming – Features of Python
The Python language exhibits numerous features, which are detailed as under:
- Beginner’s Language: Python is a great language for beginner-level programmers, which supports the development of a wide range of applications from simple text processing to web browsers to games.
2. Easy to Learn: Python has a simple structure, a few keywords, and clearly defined syntax. Easy to Read: It is a clearly defined language that is a non-programmer understands very easily.
3. Easy to Maintain: The source code of the Python language is quite easy to maintain. Interpreted: It is an interpreter-based language. The programmer does not need to compile the code before executing the program similar to PERL and PHP.
Python has a built-in debugging feature.
4. Interactive: Python programs can be directly written to the Python prompt by which the user directly interacts with the interpreter.
- Python Programming – Python Documentation
- Python Programming – Python differences from other languages
- Python Programming – Python Modules
5. Object-Oriented: It supports the object-oriented style of programming that encapsulates code within objects. OOP breaks up code into several units that pass messages back and forth using classes.
6. Versatile: Python modules are capable to work with multiple operating systems and user interfaces including images and sounds.
7. Broad Standard Library: Python language’s bulk library is portable and cross-platform compatible with UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh.
8. Interactive Mode: Python language has support for interactive mode, which allows interactive testing and debugging of code.
9. Portable: Python language can be executed on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has a similar interface on all the platforms.
10. Databases: Python language provides the facility of interfaces to all major commercial databases.
11. GUI Programming: Python provides graphical user interface (GUI) applications that can be created and ported to many system calls, libraries, and Windows systems such as Windows MFC, MAC, and the X Window system of Unix.
12. Scalable: It provides a better structure and support for large programs.